Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Commercial, Dance, Erotic, Fashion, Fitness, Glamour, Landscape, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear and Topless
Meet and Greet team
Hi I'm Damien although quite a few people call me Damo hence the nickname I've used on here. I'm a hobbyist photographer based in Newbury, Berkshire expanding and developing my skills to create some great images.
I do organise collaborations with creatives in a proper 2 way situation where we are both contributing ideas or have matching goals ideally sharing any costs like studio fees as well as ideas, these will be limited to 1 a month max..
I'm interested in a variety of shooting styles and am trying my hand at many of them to see if I develop a specific style or love for it, and work on techniques. I'd say the most interesting to me would be dance & art nude, I also like striking locations like urbex, mansions or beaches & woodland, hopefully combining styles and locations to create eye catching images. At the moment I'm looking to add some striking/edgy fashion, boudoir and swimwear to my port so get in touch if you'd like to collaborate on these.
I have a set of portable flashes with a growing selection of modifiers so can work on location with flash as well as natural light. I've recently been on a video course so I'm planning on experimenting with this where possible. I do have a backdrop set and have done shoots at my flat but appreciate some prefer not to shoot at a photographers home so happy to shoot at a local studio as well.
This is a hobby at present to develop my skills and portfolio I have limited availability to shoot mainly at weekends or on the evening if it's not far away. I do have a limited budget which means I don't book many shoots and often plan things a month or 2 in advance.
I've shot a few performing arts/circus/burlesque events and am looking at doing more to develop my experience and portfolio, happy to discuss if you have an opportunity all I ask for is expenses covered.
My view on TF shooting :
- It's a collaboration so I like to work with someone rather than dictate what we do, I'd like you to input so it's your shoot as much as mine
- Costs should be shared
- I like people I work with to have an idea of what they want to achieve (saying I like your stuff lets shoot is cool but doesn't give me much to work with or know what you'd be happy with)
- Ideally we should have a method of contact so we can get in touch if needed for example if unforeseen things happen before or on the way to a shoot
- I'm fine with chaperones (A legal guardian/parent is mandatory if you're under 18) if discussed prior to the shoot (Bonus points if they can help with lights and fans or wafting things like fabric or dresses)
- I like to shoot for 3-4 hours from which you should expect around 15-20 edits.
- I provide a link to DropBox (or OneDrive if you prefer) a day or so after the shoot so you can view the images and select your choice to edit (please don't share unedited ones without checking first)
- I'll edit your choice of shots usually within a couple of weeks and add them to the DropBox as I do them
Damien J has 94 references; 94 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.